Qlik regularly releases a string of updates and developments to ensure an improved user experience. Here are some of the releases for the month of August.
1. DATA CATALOG – Catalog Filtering
This new feature allows the end users and data curators to browse their data catalog using filters. Catalog filtering reduces time spent managing and browsing for content with improved search accuracy. Data files could get difficult to keep track as the data library grows, so this feature comes handy to the users.
2. INSIGHT ADVISOR – Period Over Period Analysis
A change in a measure of the current period versus the previous period by using the Period over period analysis is now attainable to the users of Qlik Sense SaaS. The analysis is applied to a line chart which allows users visualize how a measure differs between two periods of analysis.
3. USER MANAGEMENT – Data Consumer Role for Spaces
Data owners can use the new data consumer role to provide consume-only access to data connections and data files inside a space. This new feature allows you to have better control over space members and your data assets inside spaces.
4. ADMINISTRATION – SMTP Server Configuration
Under this new feature, you can now have separate sender email and username settings when configuring an SMTP email server from which emails are sent.
5. MONITORING DATA – Alerting Available to More Users
Alerts allow you to monitor critical data even without opening your Qlik Sense apps. This feature let you stay on top of everything and make prompt actions based on insights. Previously just available to Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS users, these alerting features are also now available to Qlik Sense Business users.
6. VISUALIZATIONS – Default Tab for Containers
The container is an object that allows you to add visualizations in a limited space. Be default, the first tab is displayed when you view a container. To better the user experience, you can now set the default tab when creating or editing a container.
History Chart Presentation in Mobile – Users can see the history of an alert, in chart form, in the mobile to see whether patterns are emerging around frequency of scans compared to triggered alerts.
Increased Mobile App Security – For added security, Qlik Sense SaaS mobile users can now turn on app lock to use your device authentication method (PIN, fingerprint, or face).
8. HYBRID DATA DELIVERY – Monitoring Data Services
Hybrid data deliver events, both user and system-initiated, are now logged and available for review from the Events page in the Management Console. This new feature will enable organizations to follow security and compliance requirements. The monitoring service tracks a variety of actions, and you can get information about the event type and the user who initiated the event.
9. INSIGHT ADVISOR – Consistency in Accessing Fields and Master Items
The access to fields and master fields across Insight Advisor can be summarized in two points:
- When an app has business logic turned on, users can query all fields set to visible in the app.
- When the app has business logic turned off:
- Users with edit permission on the app can query both fields and master items.
- Users with view-only permissions on the app can only query master items.
Qlik’s latest updates this August highlight the following:
- Primary focus on user-experience, giving the users more options to customize how they interact with Qlik Sense SaaS – from the filtering of the hub content to the customization of analysis periods in Insight Advisor.
- Security enhancements including the mobile app lock and the visibility of fields in Insight Advisor.
- Building on new features – making data alerting available for all SaaS editions of Qlik Sense, adding the ability to monitor data services events, as well as introducing the new data consumer role for spaces.